Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Phone Conversation with Lilly, Paraphrased:


"Lilly? Is Tommy there?" -- me
"No, he had to get back home. What's wrong?" -- Lilly, concerned because my voice is all over the place.
"Everything's been fine?" I had to ask.
"Yeah, of course. Why are you asking?"
I skipped my turn to talk. I didn't want to.
"What?"
"So Tommy, just um... Tommy more or less tried to have his way with me."

"Oh, that's disgusting."
"Listen!"
"It's not funny." When she said it, her voice sounded angrier than I'd heard it in months.
"I'm not being funny! Tommy tried to pull some sort of shit with me. I bit him in the right shoulder. Hard. There'd be a mark. Look for it next time you see him."
"What were you two doing, necking?"
"I would never do anything like that to anyone - especially to your boyfriend - unless something serious were happening. You know that."
"Yeah, okay."
And then Lilly hung up on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment