Monday, April 9, 2012

“Lying Is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off”

I actually hate that song, but the sentiment makes me smile.
Lilly told me today she was up in the clearing with Tommy and saw the broken whiskey bottle. She wanted to know if I’d broken it. I couldn’t say anything, so I just shrugged my shoulders, shook my head, and made an ‘I don’t know’ face. I listened to her lament about how unfortunate it was someone else had found our clearing. She said she’d be taking our spare sweaters, socks, and shoes back to her place – “What if someone snagged them?”
I very much want to tell her what happened. I can’t even justify not telling her to myself. I don’t know why I’m maintaining my silence, and it’s only going to look worse the longer I wait. I helped her carry things on the way back down the hill to her house, biting my tongue the whole way.
I can’t do anything but watch Tommy. If I ever find out he’s hurt her, I will end him. I’ve sobered up a little lately. I won't to miss a thing.

3 comments:

  1. Its good to hear you have sobered up a bit! And its also great to see how far your willing to go to protect your friends! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sometimes silence is the best solution... what she doesn't know wont hurt her... wait if a am actually trying to be better at this stuff don't listen to that at all. Learn from mistake. Learn from mistakes. If I keep repeating it, it will eventually become habitus right?

    ReplyDelete