Monday, January 23, 2012

In Which I Introduce Myself

My name is not Camilla.  
In fact, memory permitting, I will never mention my name on this blog. I have a number of reasons, mostly tied up in the complexities of legality and recognition. Accordingly, I will also change the names of everyone mentioned here. While I do want my readers to assume the absolute truth of what I write, I do not want a single one bothering themselves about who I or my friends might be. 

As an introduction for both myself and my chosen name, I recommend reading Donna Tartt's A Secret History. I've loved Camilla from the moment she first appeared. And though I'm not a college student, and I know nothing of ancient Greek, I identified with her through to the end. But perhaps most importantly, I want to tell my stories; Camilla didn't.
Before I begin telling those stories, I should address a few things that will shape them:
I'm in love with my best friend, whom I will refer to as Lilly.
My readers should never assume, at any point, that I am of sound mind.
Most of my posts will probably be somewhat NSFW, and many of them will reference activities that are illegal.
I will try my best to portray everything truthfully - or, at least, explain my version of the truth. 

And finally, I will warn you that I am not your average girl, and this is probably not your average blog.

1 comment:

  1. Well heeeello there, "not Camilla". What intrigue you inspire! NSFW, you say? I say send all that my way! You should start following the blog I am about to begin cranking out. Seems we might have similar interests.

    ReplyDelete